Saturday, August 28, 2010

New Saturday Reads!

Saturdays make me so ecstatic. There are so many wonderful things that await me every weekend. Usually I do laundry and clean the house in the morning, but then the rest of the day is full of fun. On this rainy day my new books are calling my name. Nothing makes me quite so happy as a new book. Mmm, I love the smell of new books and the crisp white pages that are so clean and unmarked (although they will soon have notes and highlights all over them).

This past Thursday, a couple of my girl friends started a Bible/ book study and girls night out group. This week was the first time we met, so we went to Barnes and Noble to pick out something to discuss in our meetings. Here is what I picked up that night:


This is such a cute little bathroom book!



It has adorable illustrations inspired by Jane Austen's works...


and quotes as well.


I also found a book full of C.S Lewis classics that I didn't have. I'm looking forward to re-reading them.


We decided to go through Radical by David Platt. I read it just a few weeks ago, but I'm certainly not opposed to going through it again! I am looking forward to our girls time in two weeks! It will be great to make some closer friends here.


We will also be going over this book in our mentor groups with the youth. I can't wait to start!

I better get to reading!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails