Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dinner for Four

Right now I have a very whetted appetite! You know why? I'm having my very first dinner party (as a newly-wed), that's why! I am beyond ecstatic! I love to cook, but a lot of nights I just whip up something fast because we are so busy. I started talking about having a dinner party even before we got back from the honeymoon. Needless to say, I've been thinking about what I should cook all day! So many delectable ideas have been running through my head. After much ado, I resolved to go with a healthy option for the main meal and something sinfully decadent for dessert. Hopefully everything will turn out as delicious as I am imagining.

Since there will be men in attendance (including my husband), there must be meat. I am perfectly fine without eating meat at meal times, but my hubby likes it so I make it. Thus, tomorrow night we will be having:

Pork tenderloin

Roasted herb potatoes

Fresh green beans with sea salt

And Jonathan's favorite: Sister Schubert's Yeast Rolls

For dessert, we are either having:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Or Apple Crisp with Caramel Sauce

As of right now I am leaning towards the apple crisp. I adore anything with caramel! I really can't wait to start cooking. I will have to share some cooking secrets for this meal after we see how it turns out!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails