Friday, July 9, 2010

Home Alone

All alone. All week. I don't really like the sound of that. Unfortunately, that is where I find myself starting this Monday. My hubby is going to Daytona for HS camp, and most of my friends are either out of town or busy all week. Boo. I am not a fan of being alone, especially at night. However, I am choosing to make the most of all this "me time."

For starters I bought two books that I've been wanting to read. The first is Radical by David Platt.


I've heard that it is very spiritually challenging. The last book I finished was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which is not a practical book to say the least. (Which by the way, the series was very good! I had to catch up on some of the pop culture that I missed when I was younger.)

The next book is Forgotten God by Francis Chan. I read his book Crazy Love not too long ago, and it was amazing. His new book is about the Holy Spirit. I'm very much looking forward to this book!


I have also determined to deep clean while my husband is gone. There are a few things I've put off for several weeks, such as mopping. Sounds fun huh? At least it will keep me busy.


Last but not least, I am planning on watching The Blind Side. I heard that it is a really inspiring movie.


I might possibly go and get a mani/pedi. I've only ever had two, but it is very relaxing. Who knows, maybe I will just have a blast at home by myself. (I'm trying to be optimistic, although to little avail.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails