Wednesday, April 27, 2011

hypocrisy

How can I lift my hands in praise
And then leave them at my side?
Your hands reached out to the lowly
Yours were nailed open wide

How can I read Your Word
And not obey your commands?
You call for radical obedience
Following You has great demands

How can I proclaim I am Yours
And not live like I belong to You?
If I am Your own, Your child
Do I even look I’ve been made new?

How can I say that I follow You
And not daily take up my cross?
You are my example for living
And you said gain is found in loss

How can my heart meet Yours
And not be consumed with Fire?
If I have truly seen You Jesus
How can you not be my one desire?

How can I see the world’s needy
And not be filled with compassion?
Your heart is full of grace and mercy
Why don’t I put Your love into action?

I am so humbled before You Lord
My sins have come to view
Burn away my heart’s hypocrisy
Make me ever more like You

12 comments:

Have Your Way said...

Thank you for sharing this. It really tugged on my heart and I am actually crying right now as I am typing this. I def. want to be more in love with Jesus and to have a relationship like that.

Unknown said...

mmmm.

off to pray this.


thanks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Thank you thank you thank you!
It's like you read my mind or heart in the last little while.
I've done this "walk" for so long now but I feel like I finally fully understand what was done for me. And my duty to live my life as LOUD as possible for Him.
To speak for those who cannot.
To bring justice to a world that is falling apart at the seams.
To be my sisters keeper.
Thanks Jen, just gorgeous xx

Chelsea said...

This is SO refreshing.

Oh, how it humbled my soul!

priest's wife - S.T./ Anne Boyd said...

beautiful!...oh, to be as perfect as Christ...

Christ is risen!

Emily said...

Oh to be more like Him! Something I desire daily. Beautifully said.

Off Label Mama said...

Did you write this? It's wonderful and so incredibly humbling. I think a lot of us have struggled with this.... it's a daily surrender. Oh my goodness, thank the Lord for grace.

Unknown said...

Indeed friend. I am thankful for His grace. The more I see Him, the more I see my filthiness! I did write it.

arielle elise. said...

wow! love this....you have such a gift with writing!

Jennifer Rod said...

this is beautiful. you have a gift!

Warren Baldwin said...

Great poem. Yes, the grace and mercy of God are our only hope. You captured that well.

Good vlog, too. Hope you make it to seminary. It is a great experience. But, it is certainly not required for christian service. Seems like you guys are already doing a great job of that.

Have you seen the info on my blog about my book on Proverbs, Roaring Lions?

wb

Branson said...

This is really wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails