Friday, June 10, 2011

Airing our clean laundry...

So remember when I posted pictures of our spare "everything" room here? Well, it turns out that is serves yet another purpose:

It is now a room for airing our clean, but wet laundry! Yay!

Yes, I just posted this. And yes, these are phone pics.

You wanna know why?

It's because last night the dryer at the laundromat ATE my quarters. Seriously, it ate them.

Apparently it feigned working when I first put my precious quarters in. I was a sucker and believed that it wanted to dry our laundry. So then I went home for 45 minutes...only to return to wet clothes and a flashing light telling me that it wanted more quarters. Of course I refused to comply to it's demands and went home with a basket of wet laundry.

I was very disappointed. At least someone didn't use bleach before me this time. That has happened before and my nice green towels came out with splotches of white.

And so my laundry saga continues. Living in an apartment complex always provides excitement (or you could call it frustration) in my life. Still, as I was carrying my basket of wet laundry in disappointment I remembered that I am blessed. I don't have to do laundry in a bucket of soapy water and air dry my clothes every time. It helped (a little) to realize that.

Oh well, this is just a peice of real life folks...and now you've seem our laundry. I know that is exciting. Ha!

I hope you all have a great weekend!




15 comments:

The Whity Wife said...

This happened to me last summer! I wish i could share the picture with you right here! I ran yarn from one side to another in our bedroom, I have three rows of clothes hanging out!

grey rose (they/them) said...

ah, yes. apartment life. you're doing wonderfully at embracing it;)

xo

Emily said...

You just showed us your undies.....

uuummmm I feel like I now "know" you.

LCR said...

hhah ohh man! sorry to hear your dryer went kaput! At first I thought you were just being really environmentally friendly;)
nice undergarments:P...

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Oh my gosh girl! when I first saw this I thought you had learned a new decorating technique. LOL! It might catch on. You never know.

But in all seriousness, I'm sorry that happened! Hope it doesn't again.

eliz said...

Hahah funny....I do air dry my hand wash clothes around the house (right my the AC)

Amy @ dwell in the season said...

I love it! We've done the same thing. We have a community laundry room where we live, and the worst is in the middle of summer when people wash their cloth diapers. YUCK, smells so bad! But yes, the machine ate my quarters the other week too! :)

♥ CheChe said...

hahaah. Your poor hubbies undies displayed for the world to see.. ha ah. no shame. I LOVE IT. and yes that little trickster of a dryer definitely did not deserve any more of your hard earned cash! how dare ye dryer!

♥cheche

http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

Olivia Grace said...

Oh, I love this so much! Posts like this are the best, real life people! Can't tell you how many times we've had to do this!

Bethany G said...

Ahh the joys of apartment complex laundry..... I can totally relate!

Bethany G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Slater said...

ha! If I posted pictures of my husband's boxers he would killllllll me. hahaha!!!

love this, sorry your dryer is crapping out though :(

Kristen said...

Bummer that you had to come home with wet laundry!

We've had to do that before, too, but it usually ends up draped in our dining room! Haha

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

apt life can be rough sometimes! I remember it well! :/

Love your honesty that shines through in your posts!!

Hope you are having a glorious weekend!!

Abigail said...

l.o.l!!!! I'm sorry the machine ate your quarters, but hey, it provided a good laugh! ;) It's good to know, though, that your realized your situation could be worse, and that others have to do more. We live such an easy life, so it's nice to sometimes look at it that way. I try to do that when I don't feel "blessed" having to do something. It always changes my outlook.

Giving GOD the Glory!
*Abby*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails