Sunday, June 12, 2011

Loving & Missing

I am loving...

Summer weddings. This past weekend started the wedding craziness. TONS of our friends are getting married this summer and it is exciting to be a part. Jonathan was a groomsman in this one, and I got to tag along. There is something so sacred about the ordinance of marriage. The vows get me every time! (Oh and just in case you are wondering why my hubby's hair looks funny, it's because his sunglasses are on top of his head.)

There is always a tickle picture.

Coffee. Oh my, I have been trying to wean myself off of caffeine...but I'm still drinking one cup every day. Oh well. I just really love it. Each morning it is so comforting just to sip on that warm liquid while my eyes try to ward of sleepiness.

My TOMS. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I do not regret buying them in the least. Oh and has anyone seen the crocheted TOMS? Can you say most adorable shoes EVER?

Worship music. We have been playing a LOT of music lately. There is nothing like meshing with a group of musicians who love the Lord. I've also found some new worship music lately, such as Chris Mcclarney, Jesus Culture and Elevation Worship. They've got some great stuff!

That my brother and his girlfriend will soon be home! Matt is my closest sibling in age and we have always been close. He has been traveling with Life Action Ministries for the past two years and his girlfriend joined the group last year. However, they will be coming home this July! I am so excited. I have only seen them twice since our wedding, so I am so glad that our visits will be more frequent now!


I am missing...

This girl. I haven't seen my best friend since February! It has been far too long! Fortunately, she is several hours closer now and not too far away from where my family lives. I hope we can see each other soon!

My family. My brothers and sisters are growing up so quickly, especially the little ones. I really hate that we can't see each other more often. They are so dear to me and I miss our times together.

The mission field. I dream about being in Ethiopia several nights a week. I miss being overseas, ministering to those who have needs. I know there are needs here in the States too, but there is just something different about being on the field in other countries. It is easier to focus on things that matter when there are less distractions from our materialistic culture. This time around, I think I'm going to make a video journal every night that I'm in Ethiopia. I don't want to forget anything!

That's all for now. What are you loving or missing these days?

33 comments:

Olivia Grace said...

Oh la la! You both look stunning!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Love that last pic of you and the kids. And you look beautiful!

Brooke T said...

What a great post :) I love the necklace you're wearing in the wedding pictures!

Unknown said...

I'm loving staying with a great family over the summer and I'm missing my family and college friends.

Great post! I feel God calling me into missions overseas and I can't wait to go to another country, either! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip to Ethiopia. :)

a girl with a smile said...

Nice list! I could relate to you "miss" quite a lot. I miss my family dearly :(

Now to focus on the positive..! :D

Laura said...

aw, sweet post.
Laura

kelly summers said...

I go to Elevation and sing on their worship team!
It makes me so happy to hear that the songs birthed in our church and city are being sung in other places.

Also, those TOMS are really cute :)

Valerie said...

I love the pictures! So vivid and beautiful! I can't wait to read all about your trip! :D

Megan said...

You look gorgeous in the first pictures. Well, all the pictures actually.

I had to quit coffee, cold turkey, as a result of a diet. And the cravings and headaches in the mornings are the worst. But I'm still coffee free.

Sonia Ama said...

A few days ago I actually just received my pair of red crocheted TOMS, and I love the style! Although I have to exchange the size, they are super comfy and so cute!!

And I ABSOLUTELY have fallen in love with Elevation Worship!

Denise said...

your family is brimming with gorgeous couples.x

Gelai said...

You are so pretty! Your brother is the male version of you! :)

Jenni Austria Germany said...

weddings are one of my favorite things about summer.

Off Label Mama said...

LIFE ACTION MINISTRIES?! NO WAY!!!!!

Jennifer, I practically grew up there! Their campus is in the next town over from me, only 15 minutes away. A lot of my friends grew up on the campus because their parents worked there, and I went to their summer camps a lot as a kid. Wow! Small world!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful in your pictures! I have a bunch of weddings too! Me and the husband are standing together in three of them, then I am reading in one, and he is ushering in another. Whew, exhausting! :)

Emily said...

Gosh, loving and missing too many things right now to list.

Loved the pictures, so glad your brother and his girlfriend will be home soon.

Alexis Kaye said...

You looks stunning in the photos with your husband. Also, Your ring is beautiful. I always love reading your positive and uplifting blog! :)

Unknown said...

@ Kelly, that is so neat! I would love to visit your church sometime!

Unknown said...

@The Soul Anchor. What? That is awesome. What a small world! He has loved it up there!

Abigail said...

LOVE the post! ;) The pictures of you and your husband are ADORABLE!!! ;) AGH.
You can deffinately tell that you and your brother are related. =D I love it when siblings have some of the same characteristics!
I dream of one day going out on the mission field... I have so many options I'm toying with right now... But I still how a while to think about it, as I'm not even 14 yet (but just less than a month until I will be!). It will be interesting to see the direction that the Lord leads me in! But I'll leave it in His hands.
Btw, are you planning another Vlog anytime soon? I LOVED the last one! ;)

Giving GOD the Glory!
*Abby*

Unknown said...

Abby, thank you for reminding me! I do need to do another vlog!

April said...

I drink a Starbucks frap (pre-bottled, I buy huge packs from Sam's!) on the way to work every morning, and I looked today, and it has like 30% of the carbohydrates I need all freakin' day! So I need to get off coffee, too. <3

I'm Sydney. said...

Wow, I give a hand to the handsome couple! I miss my family a lot too! I feel like I never see them anymore!
I've been really loving worship music lately as well. I've always loved it, but God is propelling me forward in incredible ways!

Ashley Slater said...

bah ha ha... I was wondering what was on his head! Glad you cleared that up! You guys look adorable by the way :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to have found your blog! It seems we quite possibly have a lot in common. :) I just bought my first pair of TOMS for my trip to Ethiopia next month. So comfy and wish I had gotten them sooner!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Such a pretty wedding and I loved what you wore!
I know what you mean about coffee. It is hard to let it go!
Toms are now my favorite photography shoes. Comfy and I don't have to worry about them falling off.
Love Jesus Culture, but I haven't heard of the others!
Yay for family being closer!
I truly admire your dedication to the mission field. I hope to go on one someday!

paislea said...

awe - you are gorgeous!! thanks for visiting and following my blog!! hope to see you back soon!!

allister bee blog

Silver Strands said...

Just found you ... what a great post! Thanks for the smiles.

Stephanie said...

Love your black dress! You guys look great! So exciting that you get to see your brother soon!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful. And you certainly have a wonderful life. I have a couple of questions. What kind of Bible is that? And is that a journal under it? I've tried to journal but can't seem to keep at it. Do you have any tips you could share? Thanks a lot. I look forward to coming back and seeing what's going on.

Emily said...

Your eyes are crazy pretty and I need those Toms, so cute!

Mariel Torres said...

adorable pictures darling! just found your blog and i love it... now following you ;)

kisses,
mariel

The Arizona Russums said...

Nothing like the ESV Study Bible sitting next to a fresh cup of coffee! That's my very favorite morning pairing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails