Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hello June!


Well, June sure got here quickly didn't it?

Man, I am glad that summer is here but it's going to be a busy one! It's as if the Mr. Temperature knows that I've been forgetting that it is already summer. I think he has taken it upon himself to remind me by inflicting our area with scorching heat. Seriously, it was 105 degrees in our area the other day. Yikes.

Regardless of how often I forget, this month sure is jam packed with events. We have 10 wedding invitations on our fridge (most of them on the same weekends) and we are going to 2 or 3 of them. Jonathan is a groomsman this weekend and I will be singing in another 2 weeks later. Between having a few gigs and trying to get in some friend and family time, this month is going to go by very quickly...I mean I feel like I just blinked my eyes and there went a whole week already! And that is just June! Let's not even mention July yet.

Despite June's rapid progression, I hope to capture some moments in peaceful places...such as where these photos where taken. I'm an ardent believer that summers should be spent outside as much as possible, even if it is hotter than blue blazes outside. I sure to wish I could have played in places like these when I was a kid. Can't you see some magical adventures taking place here?

Since I'm not a kid anymore, I just have to settle for reading, daydreaming, taking photos or playing the guitar...I may or may not frolic in fields, dance and sing when no one is looking ...but you will never know.

Sometimes you just have to get away from being so busy for a while. I don't do it enough. We'll see how much carefree frolicking happens this month. I hope it's more than I am expecting at the moment!

So what are you lovelies doing this summer? Do you have a busy month ahead of you too?

21 comments:

Jenni Austria Germany said...

this kind of looks like paradise to me.

and i love your cargo skinnies.

and 10 wedding invites? daaang. that's what summer is for, though.

Olivia Grace said...

Looks like a beautiful old place, the kinds of place that could really inspire you. I agree, summer is all about being outdoors and enjoying the sunshine! You look beautiful!

Emily said...

What a great house that is. Perfect for pictures. I can see the kiddies now playing and stepping on a rusty nail. (I'm such a buzz kill!)

It is pretty though. I hope you get your carefree moments. I foresee a lot of traveling to and fro this month for me. Up and down the state. and then up and down the state some more! bleh!

hope marie | the blog said...

these photos are lovely! :)

Amy said...

Looks so peaceful there! Pretty pictures. And yay for June!

Krysta said...

Pretty pictures

Christie said...

Wonderful pictures! That house is amazing! My kids would want to go run around there and get into all kinds of mischief.

Jhen.Stark said...

Hello June, and hello Jen! Yes, summer should be soaked up outdoors! And wherever you are, it is just gorgeous!

bridget anne said...

You look beautiful, and I love these photographs. I think you brought up a good point too, take some time for yourself, some time to refresh. It's definitely hard to do between work and school and whatever else is going on, but good job for making it a priority this time! And congratulations on the singing gigs, that's awesome!

Unknown said...

Looks like such a peaceful place to just reflect and relax. =)

Laura Elizabeth said...

We're going into winter here in Australia so your pictures are making me incredibly jealous!!!

♥ CheChe said...

i'm working all day and all night pretty much but I hope to squeeze in some beach sessions and get out more and enjoy my days off :). I'm blessed with my two jobs though. I can't wait to be caught up on my accumulated debt lol. Glad to hear you have a few singing gigs and weddings to attend. The month will breeze right by most indeed...


♥cheche

http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures!! It is CRAZY how fast time flies... and I hear it only gets faster the older you get.

Off Label Mama said...

Wow, what lovely photos! I'm getting ready for my cousin's bridal shower and practicing to sing in her wedding next month. Exciting but I'm also nervous!

Rach (DonutsMama) said...

Those are beautiful photos! Wow, you sure are busy with wedding season. We don't have a whole lot of plans for summer. Not with a 5 mo anyway!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Loved this post girl!
Wishing you lots of chances to relax and daydream!

Aaron & Ashley said...

Looks like such a dreamy place, i hope you enjoy your month:)

Denise said...

these are such lovely pictures. :) you are one arty blogger. :) very nice. x

Unknown said...

Haha. Thanks you guys. And yeah, "artsy" has always been my middle name!

Courtney B said...

You do have a busy month girl!
And I love the pictures!! I CAN picture some magical play dates happening at that spot! Oh iy would be so wonderful to have as active imagination as I did when I was a kid!! These pictures bring me back to those days :(

Courtney B said...

That was supposed to be a happy face not a sad one :)**

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails