Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The sparest of rooms...

Welcome to our spare room!
After a year of living here, you'd think we would have had this done a while ago. For the longest time it held all our extra wedding decor and wedding presents until I could sort through it all. Now it is finally an office/ music studio/ extra bedroom.
Most of the furniture is from my college days. I'm pretty sure that the book case was given to me by a friend that was graduating and moving out...I was a freshman. I suppose you could call it vintage...or just old and falling apart! Ha! All the rest were hand-me-downs from my parents that I painted black. My bedroom looked exactly like this in college, except with tons of books and minus the desk. Oh the desk! I can't tell you how long it took us to find it. We searched for something inexpensive but still sturdy FOREVER. Well, many thrift stores and yard sales later, we got this one at Office Depot. Then my sweet husband spend hours putting it together. Needless to say, we are so glad to have it...finally!
We needed a place for all our music/ recording equipment. Call me a neat-freak, but I really didn't want it in our living room floor. I'm so glad we finally have a place for all our chord sheets and random song ideas.

I had to add a few feminine touches here and there, of course!
Oh, this room also serves as a storage place for all my jewelry. We should just call it "The Everything Room".
This is one of my favorite parts of the room: my vintage window and hymnal wreath. They compliment each other so well! I am happy just looking at it.
What office is complete without a bulletin board...and a place for headbands?

So there you have it. If you ever come to visit us, this is where you will stay. I hope guitars don't look scary to you in the dark...because we have several in there...in big black cases.

I still have a few more things to add, but all in all I am very glad to have a "finished" spare room that I might actually show visitors instead of hiding. Granted, it's nothing fancy or new but it's more than a lot of people have for sure!

So...what is in your spare room?

26 comments:

Petchie said...

Love it! it looks very cute! I really love the wreath too!

xoxo
Petchie
http://itsallofthelittlethings.blogspot.com/

Olivia Grace said...

I LOVE the wreath, what a great idea! Such a pretty little space:)

Swirls of Happy said...

O love the wreath also!!! Everyone needs a spare room with a little of everything in it :)

Unknown said...

too funny you just posted this...we have two spare rooms...i call them the 'crap collecting rooms'. ones a make shift office and the other: a disaster! but this weekend i FIANALLY got into the disaster room and sorted through wedding odds and ends and a bunch of stuff from when i moved in.
isn't cleaning therapeutic?

Just me said...

Oh my goodness, this is perfect! Love it so much!

Marianela said...

Looks great! I really like your desk. :)

Bethany G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany G said...

LOVE both the wreaths! Did you make the one in the first pic??
This room is so adorable and cozy!

Lori said...

So cute! The wreath is beautiful. And I think everyone has an "everything room" ... right? :)

Lori said...

So cute! The wreath is beautiful. And I think everyone has an "everything room" ... right? :)

Anna K Photography said...

This is such a cute room! You have inspired me to do some vintage decorating myself :)

Emily said...

Love the wreath. Great idea whoever did it. Especially on the window frame.

I think I'd enjoy staying in there for sure..when can I come for a visit??

My spare room is very blah. Printer, all my jewelry cases, bags, everything. Kinda a hodge podge. Enough for a queen air mattress in there...come on over. :)

mary said...

The everything room is full of love! Love to dream there and sing there! And wear pretty necklaces! xox!

Off Label Mama said...

Ooooooh I love the paper wreath! Did you make it yourself? I would love something like that!

Unknown said...

Yes, I made both wreaths! I used the hymnal wreath at Christmas...and made the other one just for fun.

I may have a wreath addiction. :)

Chelsea girl said...

This makes me happy. I am getting married soon and everything in this room reminds me of what my little apartment will look like. The hand-me-down furniture, the cute decorations (including repurposed old wedding decor, and handmade goodies, the odd combination of things. I even have a book wreath that looks very similar to that. I definitely think I could/will be content in a place like this.

Christin said...

Love the wreath! I hope someday to have a house of my own to fill with 'spare things'!

Marli said...

Love LoVe LOVE IT!!!

♥ CheChe said...

I love this! I would adore staying in your spare room! ha ha And the guitar cases wouldn't scare me or creep me out as much as the dark does. But that is another story. Great job on the decorating girl!


♥cheche

http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

Denise said...

that is a lovely spare room :) i'm still a student so the concept of spare space in the house (or indeed the fridge) is a foreign one indeed.x

Annie said...

congrats on getting such a big project done! doesn't it feel good to cross it off the list? :) and i love the wreathe & window -- it looks beautiful in your room!

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

oh I love it! very sweet and I love how you have things stored in there, but they looks so decorative!
I have two spare rooms I guess. We have a guest room and I have a craft room. It's so nice and I feel super blessed to have the space.

Allison said...

Aw, it's beautiful! You're so good at DIY crafts. :)

As a graduate student living with three other roommates, we don't have any spare rooms. One day I hope to have an office/library though. Or you know, a music room for future Mr.

Laura said...

I love the wreath!
Laura
-www.luluanddumps.blogspot.com-

Callie said...

I like your decor, especially the wreaths!

Georgina xxx said...

Hey I have a new blog called Crafting it Up. Be sure to look it up! http://crafting-it-up.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails