Friday, September 24, 2010

A is for Autumn



Fall is in the air. It may still be hot as blue blazes, but I can feel it in my bones! I can smell it in the air. When the wind blows it whispers that fall is coming...soon, or at least I hope so.  Everything is good in the world during the fall. Crisp autumn days make me want to run through a forest like Pocahontas and live in nature all season long.

Alas, I love autumn. You want to know why I love it? Well don't worry your pretty little heads, I'll tell you!

I love:
  • apples
  • bobbing for apples
  • caramel apples
  • fairs & carnivals
  • faris wheels
  • stary skies
  • colorful leaves
  • the wind rustling leaves
  • majestic mountains
  • long hikes
  • cabins with rocking chairs
  • camping & campfires
  • roasting marshmellows & making smores
  • being wrapped up in cozy blankets
  • fireplaces & the smell of burning wood
  • drinking hot coco & apple cider
  • sweaters, sweatshirts, scarves, fuzzy hats & boots
  • my birthday!
  • dressing up for Halloween
  • being with friends and family on thanksgiving
  • all things regarding pumpkins
  • scarecrows
  • and oh so much more!
All those things are the best in the fall. I am getting myself so excited at the very thought of fall!



I'm not the only who loves fall time. Here's some other famous people that do as well:

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." ~ George Eliot

"Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer and oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all." ~ Stanley Horowitz

"October is a symphony of permanence and change." ~ Bonaro W. Overstreet

"I cannot endure to wast anything as precious as autumn sunshine by staying in the house. So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air." ~ Nathaniel Hawthorn

"A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are the as crisp as autumn air." ~ Eric Sloane




Autumn, please come quickly!


2 comments:

Kasey said...

I was very happy to read this, and know there is someone else in the world who gets as utterly thrilled about Autumn as I do! It is a very exciting time of year, and like you said, you can SMELL it!!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah! I went to the park today after work to "feel" it, but alas, it is still too hot to really enjoy it. I hope the weather gets cooler soon! You're right, Autumn is the BEST!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails