Friday, September 3, 2010

Marvelous Musicality


Recently, there are some songs that I keep singing over and over. I can't get them out of my head, but I don't really mind!

Here are my favorite songs these days and why I love them (not in any particular order):

  • Something in the Water by Brooke Fraser
    • This is such a fun little song!
    • I love the percussion, from the clapping sounds to the tambourine
    • I like the echoed lyrics
  • You Hold Me Now by Hillsong United
    • Wow. This song is powerful and beautiful
    • I loved it the first time I heard it, but I'll have to listen more closely to pinpoint things
  • Our God by Chris Tomlin
    • Powerful lyrics
  • You Are the Only Exception by Paramore 
    • 1) It has a 12/8 time signature...love it!
    • 2) It has a neat melody in the verses
  • Garden by Needtobreate
    • Great violin intro
    • It's about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane 
    • Beautiful melody
    • The best part is the bridge...the high note is awesome!
  • God Gave Me You by Dave Barnes
    • What can I say, I'm always a sucker for Dave Barnes!
  • Ordinary World by Red
    • Great cover of the old Duran Duran song
    • I love the use of the strings. It adds so much emotion.
  • Lead Me by Sanctus Real
    • This song has such a good message!
    • I also love how the meaning of the chorus changes after each verse

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails