Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bowling...and other forms of public humiliation

There's no sense in beating around the bush. I'm horrible at bowling. It's a very humbling experience for me. Why is that bowling is so awkward? Seriously. I hated it when birthday party invitations arrived with the stamp of death (anything regarding bowling) on them. I never knew where to sit and always managed to be outside of the "cool" conversations. I was a shy kid, ok?

Nevertheless, it has been fun at times in my limited (on purpose) experience...but only sometimes mind you. This just so happened to be one of those times. Sunday night was our youth bowling night!


Oh the bowling shoes! They are ever so classy!

My sweet ladies were there of course.

M-group girls...holla!

Why, yes...we are "cool" youth workers. No, we are never dumb.

Yay for a good picture, except for that nasty FSU shirt. UF will forever hold my allegiance.

I'm pretty sure he won both games. I let him of course.

Ok, maybe I didn't even want to look at my score. I didnt' actually.


All in all, we let the good time roll, or bowl? No one threw the bowling balls at each other, no one threw up because of nasty bowling lane food, and no one passed out after taking off their stinky bowling shoes. I'd call that a successful night if I do say so myself!


12 comments:

Megan said...

oh i too dreading the bowling birthday party...even worse was the rollerblading parties...I never went to those. I still do not know how to rollerblade..i sad but true fact.

Mckenzie Jean said...

Haha, this was delightful to read : ) Although I am not the best of bowlers, my family and I go much too often. We should consider joining a family bowling league. We wouldn't win, at all, but we get so into it.

I'm glad you had a good experience with it this time, though!

Faith said...

I agree with Megan. Rollerskating is far more humiliating than bowling. :) Cute shot of the funky shoes!

Rylie Renee said...

cute blog!
I like it.
xo,
Rylie from www.rylierenee.com

Ramsey said...

I am a most terrible bowler...but I must say..you look precious for bowling! I love your hair! And are you guys fellow Floridians?!? Go Noles! I never meet Florida bloggers. Never. Everyone is from out West, or so it seems. At least you both are Florida College alum!

Jen Hammer said...

I loved this post! I'm actually so terrible at bowling, it makes me nervous when me and my husband are invited to go. And we used to be youth leaders as well! Thats actually how me and my husband met. Your post brought back some lovely feelings of nostalgia. :)

It's A Love Story said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! I love your wedding pixs you love beautiful and I love you hair!!

Unknown said...

Haha! I am actually LOVED roller blading! I thought is was cool to see how fast I could go! And it's not too late to learn Meagan! Do it!

@Ramsey: It's true! I am a native Floridian. I grew up in Jacksonville, but neither of us went to UF or FSU. I graduated from a small Baptist college in the middle of NOWHERE! And we had just come from church...thus the cuter outfit!

@Jen Hammer: Aww! That is so sweet. We met at a Bible study...so close to the same thing!

CarrieJo said...

bowling is always a little scary when around people you aren't super comfortable with haha...i think the most awkward part of bowling is waiting for the ball to come back to the little holder thing and everyone is just kinda looking at you! oh the joys of bowling haha! :)

cailen ascher said...

looks like you had fun! i haven't been bowling in ages - this post made me want to go : )

Unknown said...

@Carrie Jo: Yes indeed! It is so awkward to stand there and wait for the ball. I HATE IT! haha!

@Cailen: I hadn't been in forever before last Sunday...I don't go on purpose though. We did have lots of fun though!

Anonymous said...

Ladylike Post. This enter helped me in my university assignment. Thanks Alot

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails