Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lost In Him



My Savior is Jesus Christ
May I be forever lost in Him
Let His name be made known
And mine grow ever dim

Through His death I have died
Sin’s power o’er me holds no sway
Hold me to the cross dear Lord
Let flesh remain here every day

Through His resurrection power
I am made alive in Christ
No longer now do I live
My Lord and Savior is my Life

His life alone is worth living
Leave mine in the grave
My identity is in Christ
Let mine now and forever fade

Now suffering brings forth joy
For to lose my life is gain
The weight of glory found in You
Is my pursuit and my aim

Jesus, blessed Master
Be all that’s beheld in me
May Your love, grace, and glory
Be reflected for all to see

O may the world be dead to me
As I am consumed by You
Intertwine me with Yourself
Bind my heart in knots around You

How marvelous to be lost
To be swallowed up in Thee
O that we may be as one
No greater delight can there ever be


3 comments:

kELLY said...

wow. we sang the song, "jesus paid it all" today and i just wept. it was so special and sweet and a great reminder. as was this post :)

Unknown said...

Thanks girl! Jesus Paid it All is a fantastic song, especially the version that adds, "O praise the One who paid my debt, and raised this life up from the dead!"

Warren Baldwin said...

Excellent. This would be great put to music.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails