Friday, October 22, 2010

Newly-wed goals (Check up)

Back in June I posted about my newly-wed goals. Well folks, it's time to weigh in and see how I'm doing.

My goals were as follows:

HOME:

1. Learn how to cook meat well (my last attempt at steak didn't turn out as well as I would have liked)
  • Yay! The first goal has been successfully completed! The crock pot has come in handy for meat.
2. Try a new recipe once every 10 days
  • Ok, I was good at this for a while. Life just seems so busy these days. I try a new recipe around once every 2 weeks these days.
3. Find healthy go-to meals for the Mr. and myself
  • I've found some...but not nearly enough!
4. Finish sorting out all of our wedding things that are stacked in our spare room
  • DONE!!!! Our spare room is finally organized and semi-decorated. I guess it is as decorated as a spare room needs to be.
5. Thank you notes.
  • I've done half. Do I still get a good grade on this one? Etiquette says I've got up to a year right?
FITNESS:

1. Start my running routine again (I stopped my daily habit soon after we got engaged)
  • I started running again 3 times a week. However, I've slacked off again lately. Maybe I'll run again today? No promises though.
2. Go on a bike ride every once in a while (which means getting a bike :)
  • I fail this one. I still don't have a bike and I've yet to even get on a bike.
3. Drink more water
  • Check. That one was easy.
FAITH:

1. Spending more time in the Word in the mornings
  • I'd be lying if I said I didn't (still) struggle here. I'm up and down these days.
2. Pray for my husband and our marriage every day
  • Not everyday...still working on it.
3. Pray for the ministries around me
  • Better, but still not great.
4. Seek out more ministry opportunities
  • God has been so good to give me opportunities to serve Him. I hope He entrusts me with more!
5. Become an encourager
  • I started with my husband and I'm slowly trying to encourage the other people I'm around daily.
6. Pray for the opportunity to go overseas again soon!
  • I might go to Turkey next Spring. I'm still praying about that!
FRIENDS:

1. Make some new friends in Dothan! (Lots of my good friends don't live close to me anymore. Sad day)
  • YES!!! I've made more friends. I'm so thankful for them!
2. Throw a fabulous diner party complete with three courses
  • Wahoo! Yes I did. I loved it. It's about time for another one as well.
3. Have a fun game night
  • Jonathan and I bought Life and Clue. We played together one night if that counts. Or maybe we played at the dinner party. I don't remember.
4. Have a "girl's lunch" once every couple weeks
  • Nope. I meet with 3 other girls every other Thursday though. (It's lots of fun!)

Well, I suppose it's time to make some new goals. However, I will have to think about it for a while.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails