Friday, November 5, 2010

The Blair Fair Pair



Like the title? Ha! I love rhyming!
In other news, the temperature is finally cooler! It’s time to pull out the winter coats, sweaters, hats and scarves. I have been waiting for this day for weeks! I have determined that I am going to celebrate. How you ask? By eating corn dogs, elephant ears, corn, and possibly peanuts, that's how. No, I’m not going to eat it all at once. I’ll going to eat it one bite at a time. Sillies.
Can you guess where I’m going?
You guys are so smart! Yes, I’m going to the fair with the hubs this weekend!
I love the fair. We don’t just have any old fair here. It surpasses all others by leagues and leagues. I went to the Jacksonville fair several times, but I soon came to the conclusion that it was stupid. I never went again. But this fair…is STUPENDOUS! However, it has to be cold for it to really be perfect. I was a bit worried for a while, but no more. Why is it wonderful? Well, there are three main reasons why our fair is so wonderful.
First, the food is a-stinking-mazing. I hate corn dogs, but the Corn Dog Man at the fair makes the most delicious thing you have ever tasted. Mmmm! (My mouth is watering just thinking about it!) Everything I’ve ever eaten there was scrumptious. And healthy. Not! But who cares about that anyway? Ok maybe I do, but not when I’m at the fair.
Second, the people watching is second to none. I’m serious. As if the carnies aren’t enough! Just walk around with your eyes open for a while and you’ll see what I mean. Judge me if you will, but I take such pleasure in watching other people and thinking up stories for them in my head. Charles Dickens did it all the time, and look how famous he became for those stories! During the course of the evening, I never fail to see someone so hilarious that they make the $8 entrance fee well worth paying. Just keep a weather eye open for one of those characters. I promise you won’t regret it.

Third, the rides of course! Yes, I love those rickety, old and probably unsafe rides. The gut-wrenching drops, spins, twirls and climbs are so thrilling. And of course there is the classic Ferris wheel. I never leave without riding climbing into a seat, because (next to the corn dogs) it is my favorite thing!


I may add another favorite thing this year. The hubs and I are going to try out the demolition derby. But that is yet to be seen.
Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails