First of all, I want to thank everyone who voted for a name for my etsy shop. I can't tell you how much it helped me. If you haven't done so, click HERE to vote. I would greatly appreciate all the input I can get!
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is merely a week away? Wow. I get so excited around this time of year, because it means Christmas is just around the corner! The holidays make me so elated. Since this is our first Christmas together in our home, I plan on decorating every single room. There's just something magical about decking the halls.
The pumpkin door hanger has been taken down and replaced with this latest creation.
(You might see something similar to this on my etsy shop soon!)
It's made from sheet music, ribbon and a cloth flower that I made. It was beyond easy to put together.
This is the current centerpiece, but it will probably change.
I like it much better lit.
Decorating for Christmas doesn't have to be expensive or time-consuming. Here's a few ideas for making your home magical for the holidays:
1. Put out a little greenery. Just a bit will make a big difference.
2. Hang stockings or wreaths on your bed frame
3. Make a wreath out of anything you have on hand...even old pictures!
4. Play with words. I love the idea of using Scrabble letters to evoke a holiday spirit. The possibilities are endless!
5. Display ornaments in a bowl for an easy centerpiece.
6. Frame a wreath.
7. Grab some branches from outside and arrange them on a mantle or bookshelf
8. Make a Christmas tree from pine cones. If you live in an apartment, this might be a better option that trying to accommodate a huge fir tree in your living room!
I can't wait to use some of these ideas in my own home for Christmas!