Monday, November 8, 2010

I dream a dream...

Classical music

Song writing

Contemporary worship music

Playing the piano

Learning guitar

Poetry

Classic Christan literature

Classic literature

Reading in general

BBC films

Missions

Ministry

Photography

Cooking

Crafting

Fashion

Thrifting

Design

I can't possibly spend time in all these areas AND have a clean house. Not to mention spending time with actual people. (Sigh.) I like to do way to many things. I wish I had time for everything and that I could be very good at it all as well. There just isn't enough time during the day.

I want to write a book, a columnist, a song writer, design interiors, start my own business, open an Etsy shop, photograph on the side, annalize books, memorize lots of scripture, become a soul-winner, write poetry, read all the books in the world, and be the best friend, sister, daughter, wife and mommy (someday) on the face of the earth.

I have great aspirations.

I have big dreams.

What is the life I should lead? Where do I go from here?



These are the questions that plague me today. I want to throw myself whole-heartedly into something. I want every second to have purpose. I am a passionate soul, one that feels things deeply. And my worst fear is a wasted life.

Yet, I have a feeling that that my dreams are still small. I have caught a glimpse of a plan that is so much bigger than myself, an eternal design of my Lord.

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him"
1 Corinthians 2:9
So for now I will be faithful where I am for now...waiting for a new revelation, waiting to see where the I will be swept up from here.

2 comments:

Stacy Hill said...

Thank you for this post! I enjoy your blog so much, it is something I look forward to reading. You SHOULD write a book, you are a very talented writer.

What you wrote also spoke to me. There are so many things that I want to do with my life and I don't seem to have the time to get it all done. It's nice to know someone else feels the same way sometimes...

Oh, and by the way, you will be a great Mommy!

Unknown said...

Thank so much for your encouraging words Stacy! I appreciate it very much! That's just where I've been lately. It's seems so hard to figure out what to invest your time into!

I hope you and your family are well. I miss everyone back home!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails