I am so thankful for him. He is most definitely the greatest blessing I have received in my life apart from salvation.
Here are a few things I'm thankful for...there are a lot more than this!
1. I am thankful that his passion for worship. The first time we met he was leading worship at a Bible Study (which by the way, is a great place to meet godly guys). I couldn't get him out of my head after that. God has given him some amazing musical talents, but he uses them for God's glory. I admire him so much for how he leads.
2. I am thankful for his spiritual leadership. Sometimes he will share something that he is thinking about with me and I am blown away by his insights. He also has a hunger to know the real meaning of things. He doesn't just take things at face value, but asks why. He's not afraid to go against the flow. I love that!
(Please know he is being silly in this picture!)
3. He is so intelligent. I always knew I wanted to marry someone really smart. I have certainly done so. He always amazes me with the amount of random knowledge he has. (I'm serious. I think he told me that the chicken really did come before the egg. I was blown away. Haha.)
4. I am thankful for his heart for following Christ...wherever He leads. He is willing to go anywhere and do anything the Lord asks of us. He's not afraid of standing up for his faith. All long, long time ago we started talking. I knew I could possibly marry him when we discovered that we had the same passions in life and ministry. I am still amazed at how similarly we view these things. I could not love any other heart than his.
5. I am thankful for his sense of humor and personality. (I just did 2 in1. Can I do that? Well of course. I'm the one writing this anyway.) He is ridiculously silly, goofy and sarcastic and I love it. He makes my life so interesting. He is loud, bold and isn't afraid to tell you what he thinks. Just like me. NOT! But our marriage would be so boring if he was. I love him as is.
6. I am thankful for his love. It's like nothing I've ever know. It is a beautiful mystery when someone chooses to love you unconditionally. And he does. It's so freeing to know that you are loved for YOU, not for your performance or perfection. He is so good to me that sometimes I can't believe it. I am spoiled with love and I don't mind one bit!
7. Finally, I am thankful that he married me this year! (Just so you know, it is very fitting that I have 7 reasons. My hubs loves the number 7.) He was so wonderful through all the wedding planning process. He was good about helping me relax when I started to get overwhelmed. It was an absolutely amazing day that I will remember for the rest of my life. I am HIS!
All in all, my love is the choicest among men. I am so blessed to be his little lady. Husband, I cherish and adore you!
I could go on and on, but I'll just save that for him in a future letter.