Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A very musical Christmas tree


It is the greatest feeling in the world just to sit by a Christmas tree and bask in the glow of the lights. I love it. It makes my heart want to sing. I really could too. All I have to do is simply look up at our tree and pick a song. Music is all over our tree this year...well sheet music that is.


As promised, here is our little tree. I named him Spruce. He is guarding all the present from my family. I can't peek in front of him or he'll tell my hubs. (Just kidding. I know he's not alive. At all. He's fake.)

The stockings are hanging on a mini ladder I found at the antique store and painted it white. We don't have a mantle, so I had to think out of the box a bit.

Here's Pottery Barn's sheet music tree topper...

And here is mine!

It was so easy to make! (Sorry to the hymnal that was destroyed to make it!)

I put some gold glitter paint on the top and silver glitter on the insides.

Then I attached ribbon to the back. Done!

Now it matches its neighbor, the sheet music wreath!




These sheet music birdies were only $1 at Target. It was meant to be I tell you!

Here's a few of my other ornaments.


This is our "First Christmas Together" ornament.


We've been good! Santa, aka Mom and Dad, already put presents in our stockings.

Well ok, maybe I put them there...but they still gave them to us.

YAY for Christmas!

This is what I'm using as a tree skirt for now. I want to make a different one, but I haven't bought any fabric yet. Sorry little Spruce, all you get is scraps of silk polyester, tulle and burlap!

That's all for now folks. I'm headed to a Christmas Crafting party!

Happy Tuesday to you all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails