Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tour de Home - Part One

Welcome to our house for Christmas! I wanted my family to be able to see our home, thus this post. (Hi mom!)

I was so excited about decorating for my favorite holiday! I just love Christmas. Since this is our first Christmas together, we had absolutely NO decorations. I wanted to decorate every room without spending much money. Did I do it? I think so! I was inspired by vintage sheet music, metalics, plaid and a shabby chic looks.


The doorway area has a framed mini wreath on the door and a little twig centerpiece in the corner.

This is the view when you first walk in.



View from the dining room

Now for the details!



I am so eco-friendly by recycling twigs from the back yard. Ha!

This is a framed piece of scrapbook paper with glitter letters on it.



Bathroom decor

Even the toilet reminds us of the season! 

My favorite room...the dining room!



Candles and pearls centerpiece...all stuff I already had.

I put berries in a bundle of sticks for an extra pop of color on the wall.

Scrabble letter place cards

Each one has a different "Christmas-y" word.

The kitchen has a bit of holiday spirit too.

Cinnamon and berries from the bush outside. All free!

The closet wanted some Christmas love too. 


Thanks for visiting! New posts with a close ups of the tree, the decorations I crafted, and upstairs are coming soon. I also recorded a video tour, complete with me tripping up the stairs!

So stay tuned!


5 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Very Cute Jennifer

Randa said...

Nice decorations! I love how everything was cost-efficient - and it looks so good! Definitely an inspiration for others such as my self!

Unknown said...

Thanks! Cost-effective is exactly what I was going for...being a newly-graduated, newly-wed couple means that we don't have much money to spend on that kind of thing anyway!

Jessica said...

I really LOVE your home! It is so pretty! And I'm so glad I found your blog :) P.S. I think it would be great if you guys moved to Wake Forest!! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks girl! I found yours a while back and I love it too!

And yes, I am really hoping that we end up at Wake Forest! That would be so awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails