Thursday, December 9, 2010

We're smart! We craft with books!

Ah, the smell of books! I love it, especially when hot glue is involved. The combination of that burning smell and the old book pages is magical. (Well, except when you burn your finger. The smell of burning skin is not appealing in the least.) Just so you guys know, books + hot glue + glitter + girls = a fun night of crafting!

Here are some pictures from our awesome evening of our Christmas crafting extravaganza:
We are ready for a seriously fun time!

I thought I'd try out a wreath made from assorted nuts...this is the beginning.

Look at the cute little crafters!



We has a splendid time.

One book page bird complete, with many more to come.


Adding the second row...

Get it girls. Craft!

I added the third row, and then put brown coffee filters behind all the rows.

DONE!

Please don't take note of the missing walnut. I was one short! I cried for hours. Ok, not really. But I was really sad. Now I have to go out and buy a whole new bag just to finish it. Dumb.

Glitter makes everything better.

Creativity is simply wonderful.



This is the makings of a fab coffee filter wreath.

Peak-a-boo! I see you.

Hot chocolate! YAY!

We thought the mugs made the picture look more festive. Don't you agree?

By this point, I had to take a break and watch "Elf" because crafting had made me exhausted. Who can resist watching "Elf" anyway? That movie brings so much joy to my heart.

She finnished coffee filter wreath!

We're friends!


All in all, it was a wonderful night. We all went home with wonderful creations for Christmas-time, joy in our hearts and "Elf" quotes going through our heads...or at least I did!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails