Friday, December 31, 2010

Our first Christmas together!

Sleepily we climbed the stairs Christmas Eve and laid our tired selves in bed. Christmas week was busy for both of us. Working retail is a beast this time of year and my man was coming down with a sinus infection to top it all off! I was tired from driving for the better part of the day, but it was Christmas Eve nonetheless. I drifted off into a contented sleep, excited about the joy that the next day would bring!

I awoke at 6:45 Christmas morning, quickly jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. As usual, I drank a warm cup of coffee as I sat by the Christmas tree. Soon my hubs was awake.



He is such a morning person! NOT!

I grabbed our stockings and presents to each other to open on the couch. We both had put Recees in each others stocking. You'd think we liked them or something, which is a valid conclusion.

His response to this awesome shirt from Urban (if I do say so myself) was, "now I need a Marshall amp!" It's true... we are music nerds and there's no getting around it!

Ok, so I loved this hat he picked out for me! It had a fight with my Santa hat and won, thereby taking it's rightful place on my head.

Next Jonathan opened his "big" present. I gave him the game he'd been wanting for a while. (Later he volunteered to be second for a shower...however I knew that he really wanted to start the game. Silly, silly!)

Now what could this big box contain? Hmmm...

A MACBOOK THAT'S WHAT! PC, you are dead to me. I shall henceforth be an Apple person! I knew it was coming though...I paid for half. They are expensive, but so worth the money!

My man is stylin' in his new chambray shirt! So fine!

Next on the agenda was to skype with my fam. All 7 of them crowed around to show us their Christmas presents and so see us open the ones from them. I got a wonderful (and shaky) tour of my little sissy's new "Tangled" barbies and my youngest siblings new bikes...among other things. Thank you to whoever invented skype!

Thank you parentals for the gifts!

It was so special to spend our first Christmas together this year. Last year it felt like a piece of me was missing to be without him. Quite a lot of changes have occurred this year, but I am so thankful for all of them!

Now, this wasn't the end of our Christmas celebrations. I just didn't take any more pictures, sadly enough. After we were showered, the pair of us headed over to the in-laws for the rest of the day. It is wonderful to have family so close! (All of mine are at least 4 hours away.) However, in the merriment of the morning I neglected to grab his family's presents on the way out. It was quite amusing when we had to leave their house to go get them! Oh well. I blame it on the fact that I've never had to take presents anywhere on Christmas. Yes, it's lame but it's my excuse.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails